Singer, songwriter, producer, Jamie Alimorad first hit the stage as a solo artist in the underground Boston club scene in 2009. The following year he graduated from Northeastern University with a music technology degree and released his first EP Cornerstone.
Jamie Alimorad considers first recorded tracks: “What You Have,” “She Is. . .,” “Stay With Me” and “In Her Smile,” to capture his musical essence. All four songs peaked at #1 on the Indie104 Top 40 chart in 2011. The power ballad “She Is…” went on to become the most-played song in the history of iRadio LA, the world’s longest-running, independent music station. Cornerstone gained Alimorad not only radio presence but also a fan base across the country, prompting a bicoastal tour including performances in Boston, New York, Washington, D.C., Phoenix, Las Vegas and Los Angeles.
The tour ended with a return to the studio, where Alimorad recorded twelve new songs for his highly anticipated, first full-length album Words Left Unsaid. The album released in July 2012 to rave reviews, which catapulted Alimorad to sold-out, marquis performer status in Hollywood’s premiere venues like the Troubadour, Whisky A Go-Go, and the Roxy.
The lead single “Dancing With You” followed the success of the first four tracks, landing Alimorad back on the top of indie music charts. The fan-favorite, tongue-in-cheek second single “That’s What She Said” hit the IMC Top 10 chart, where it stayed for four months, topping it at #1 for six weeks.
The popularity of these two songs and others turned Alimorad into the most demanded artist on indie radio stations based out of Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Miami. He was also nominated for the 2012 Hollywood Music In Media Awards (Best Rock Song: “Weapon”) and the 2013 Artists in Music Awards for Best Rock Artist and Best Pop Artist.
The album’s triumphs in the U.S. started a domino effect of media attention for Alimorad abroad. Both Words Left Unsaid and Cornerstone have been praised by reviewers in print magazines and blogs in the United Kingdom, France, Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Australia, and Canada.
Honored by the enthusiastic reaction to his music, Jamie Alimorad is eager to continue giving his fans his music, his passion, his all.
Career highlights include:
• Received the Best Act Award in the 2009 The Next Big Thing Music Festival
• American Songwriters Magazine lyrics Contest winner
• Mike Pinders Song Wars Winner
• Represented Northeastern University as the musical act of the Beanpot (college tournament spanning sports, academics and arts)
• Headline performer at the Carrier Dome (Syracuse University)
• Youngest person to ever win the Helen Hayes Theater Award for Outstanding Actor in a Leading Role (Seymour Krelborn, *Little Shop Of Horrors*)
• Performed the national Anthem at Fenway Park (Boston, MA)
• Has performed with Jordan Rudess of Dream Theater.
• Recently performed at the Millennium Music Conference in Harrisburg, PA
• Hand-picked to participate in Gino Vannelli's Master Class, The Art Of Voice (Portland, OR)
• Selected as a marquis performer for the Indie Entertainment Summit in Hollywood, CA
• Received nomination for the 2012 Hollywood Music In Media Awards (Best Rock Song: "Weapon")
• Received two nominations for the 2013 Artists In Music Awards (Best Pop Artist and Best Rock Artist)
• Received two nominations for the 2013 Los Angeles Music Awards (Male Singer/Songwriter Of The Year and Hot AC Record Of The Year: "Dancing With You")
• Received nominatoin for the 2013 Hollywood Music In Media Awards (Best Rock Song: "That's What She Said")
I've had a lot of fans message me and complaining about the voting on the weekly top 10! They are saying that they can only vote THREE times when they vote for me. This has been happening for the last week. Just wondering if this is a new format or change in the voting?
Is anyone else having this problem?
Hope all is well and keep making music everyone!