Saahas is an independent singer-songwriter from Bangalore, India currently based in Los Angeles, California.
Saahas has created an international career spanning a decade as a professional singer, songwriter and musician. He was popularly known as the frontman of the widely acclaimed Indian Acoustic Pop group Allegro Fudge.
With Allegro Fudge, Saahas released their debut album 'Maximum City', which went onto achieve critical acclaim and commercial success:
- Best Pop Song for 'Colors Fly' at the 2012 South Asian Bite My Music Awards
- Best Pop Group at the 2013 International IndieGo Music Awards
- Shortlisted as a recipient for the prestigious Toto Funds The Arts Award (TFA) in 2011
- Debut album 'Maximum City' was one of OK LIsten's Top Selling Albums in 2012
- Played multiple nationwide tours in India, including headlining top festivals like Cul-Ah (2014), and The International Music Festival organised by Alliance De Francaise.
- Hit single 'Dream Out Loud' was used as the theme song for Indian based non-profit U&I in their nation-wide recruitment drive.
After his work with the band, Saahas began writing and performing his own music in 2014, and has since relocated to Los Angeles where he enjoys a successful career as a singer, songwriter and musician.
Some of the highlights of his career include:
- Working as a songwriter and vocalist on collaborations with international producers from Russia, Denmark, Sweden.
- His work on 'Don't Stop' with Russian DJ Vlegel reached 500 thousand streams on Youtube.
- His work with Axxest received wide spread critical acclaim in Denmark.
As a singer, he has worked with film composer Anthony Darlak on the short films "Long Island Wolf", which has been shortlisted to be screened at multiple film festivals around the world, including the New York Film Festival. He has also worked with Anthony Darlak on the short film "Unreal Estate".
His most recent EP 'The Grays' has been featured on the Rolling Stone, The Hindu, Voyage LA and the Hollywood Digest.
The standout single from the EP 'California' was signed to a publishing deal with Crucial Music, and was on Rolling Stone's Hit List in March 2021.
He continues to work on collaborations and live performances in Los Angeles.