Guitarist and composer, Jim Robitaille, has performed internationally as a sideman and a leader of his own groups. His television and live performances include: The BET Jazz Channel, The Time Warner Music Choice Jazz Channel, PBS Television, The Baird Auditorium at the Smithsonian Institute's Museum of Natural History, Washington, D.C, The Wang Center, The Knitting Factory and Smoke in New York, The Falmouth Jazz Festival, The Provincetown Jazz Festival, The UMass - Dartmouth Jazz Festival, Ryles Jazz Club, the Center for the Arts, Natick, MA, The Bearsville Theater, Woodstock, N.Y, the Zeiterion Theatre, New Bedford, MA, and several tours in the U.S., Canada and the West Indies. Robitaille has also been the recipient of numerous performance grants from the
Massachusetts Cultural Council for the Arts since 1989.
The Jim Robitaille Group's debut recording entitled "To Music", on the Whaling City Sound label, received international critical acclaim, winning three international composition awards with three of his compositions from the recording. The CD was number five in the top ten list by the Daily Ipirotikos Agon and the Apopsy in Greece, and was the publishers pick for All About Jazz and the Boston Herald. The recording received international airplay including the Time Warner Music Choice Channel, as well as making #1 chart-bound on the Jazz Week Jazz Charts.
Robitaille has performed and or recorded with numerous artists including: Dave Liebman, Bob Moses, Karl Berger, John Lockwood, Santi Debriano, Oscar Stagnaro, Jim Odgren, Phil Grenadier, Alon Yavnai, Dino Govoni, Mike Pope, Henry Hey,
• 9th Annual Thelonious Monk International Jazz Composers Competition,sponsored by BMI.
• 2002 Great American Song Contest. First place instrumental category
• 2002 Great American Song Contest. Outstanding Achievement in Songwriting Award
• 2003 International Songwriting Contest, Finalist
• 1995 Julius Hemphill Jazz Alliance Composers Competition, Honorable mention”
• Trine " Politics" Fuller Street Music
• Trine “+1”
• The Jim Robitaille Group, "To Music" Whaling City Sound
• Rick Frank "The Labyrinth" Decker Creek Records
• Rick Frank "Brookline Summer" Decker Creek Records
• Rick Frank "Yellow Mountain" Decker Creek Records
• Marcus Monteiro "MM4" Whaling City Sound
• Bobby Santos "I Found My Way Home”
• The Matt Richard/Jim Robitaille Duo, "The Art Of The Duo" MJR,
• The Matt Richard Quartet,"Hawthorne Street Connection" MJR,
• " Just Jazz" Cape Cod Jazz Musicians Compilation
• The Dancing Dogs, "Fishing in the Desert"
• The Dancing Dogs,"Cynanthrophy"
• The Dancing Dogs "Patience" on Whaling City Sound
• "Jazz Chaos" Poetry Book/CD by Tracy Soloman featuring MM4 live
• Graceful Soul Band. Whaling City Sound
• Joe Beck /John Abercrombie "Coincidence" Whaling City Sound (Liner Notes)
Robitaille has taught workshops/clinics, jazz improvisation, jazz ensembles, classes,
and or given concerts for the music programs at Westfield State College, Berklee
College of Music, Brandeis University, Holyoke Community College, The University of
Massachusetts, Dartmouth, Cape Cod Community College, Connecticut College, Western New England College, Bristol Community College, Falmouth Academy and Tabor Academy.
At the present time he is an Applied Jazz Guitar Instructor/ Lecturer on the faculty at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.
Comment Wall (1 comment)
You need to be a member of Indie Music Channel to add comments!